Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.16.3 Released  (Read 1900 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1237

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:31:07 AM

Bitcoin có được lưu trữ trong ví Core không?
Tôi có nghĩa là nâng cấp như thế nào là khẩn cấp, không ai có thể truy cập khóa riêng tư của tôi đúng không?

question translated:
Is Bitcoin stored in the Core wallet?
I mean how is the upgrade as urgent, no one can access my private key properly?

answer:
Bitcoin is stored on the blockchain. Your wallet is for your private key.
bitcoin-core is software that connects two parts

This error does not affect your wallet.

If people need to upgrade but not upgrade then. If a mining exploit block occurs, they will get it and send it to someone causing the problem to some people.

If no one is vulnerable to software attacks. Then an exploited block is ignored by everyone

If a block uses malicious exploits:
This error can cause any new transaction to appear as confirmation and then not confirmed.
As well as the ability to create more fake btc appear,
but only if someone can exploit a block and only lasts until the exploited blocks are deleted.

answer translated:
Bitcoin được lưu trữ trên blockchain. Ví của bạn là dành cho khóa riêng của bạn.
bitcoin-core là phần mềm kết nối hai phần

Lỗi này không ảnh hưởng đến ví của bạn.

Nếu mọi người cần nâng cấp nhưng không nâng cấp th́. Nếu một khối khai thác khai thác xảy ra, họ sẽ nhận được nó và gửi nó cho ai đó gây ra vấn đề cho một số người.

Nếu không ai dễ bị tấn công phần mềm. Sau đó, một khối bị khai thác bị bỏ qua bởi tất cả mọi người

Nếu một khối sử dụng khai thác độc hại:
Lỗi này có thể khiến bất kỳ giao dịch mới nào xuất hiện dưới dạng xác nhận và sau đó không được xác nhận.
Cũng như khả năng tạo thêm btc giả mạo xuất hiện,
nhưng chỉ khi ai đó có thể khai thác một khối và chỉ cho đến khi các khối bị khai thác bị xóa.

(excuse any broken vietnamese i speak english and used google translate to vietnamese)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1247

Buy bitcoin they said... who listened?

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:55:16 AM
Merited by ETFbitcoin (1)

Or at least actively support/promote another implementation/client Roll Eyes

that has been tried for years by other teams that wanted a united network of multiple implementations (not altcoins)
all using real consensus to activate their proposals or just plodding along.. using current consensus rules if no majority preference is seen... not using mandatory bilateral split bips

end result were endless REKT campaigns and 'go F**k off, and "your not wanted here" statements
(ill let you decide if ** = UC or OR)

having the mindset that xt, classic, bu and (as theymos shows in other topic) btcd and other implementations should not run on the network.. shows how defensive and core cuddling some people are.

i did find it funny that theymos in the midst or a core bug was still saying other nodes that did not have the bug, were buggy..

these two are completely different arguments though.
implementations such as XT, classic,... were planning on enforcing (eventually) different consensus rules and they were created because certain people didn't want SegWit and wanted bigger blocks. if there were no SegWit or bigger blocks then these implementations wouldn't have existed at all. that is one thing. not to mention that they were forks (copies) of bitcoin core so that is not even related to this discussion because technically since they copied the code they would have had the same bugs.

another thing which is what @ETFbitcoin is talking about is having other clients that do enforce and continue to enforce the same consensus rules. there currently are other implementations. it is not like they don't exist at all but not many use them.

tesla1994

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:44:06 AM

The bug is very serious. I suggest that for at least one month we all put a signature message to remind that everyone should upgrade. I already did it  Wink
schyter

Activity: 365
Merit: 253

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 04:33:51 AM

If you have used the bitcoin code for your altcoin then you gotta upgrade as well

GlobalToken; for fast online payments
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬█  Twitter   █   BCT Forum   █   GitHub   █   Discord   █▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Masternodes || 30 Algorithms || Merge-Mining
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1750

bc1qshxkrpe4arppq89fpzm6c0tpdvx5cfkve2c8kl

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 12:27:04 AM

I was thinking of adding bitcore to my portfolio. I don't have lots of space in my drive though Sad can you also do staking in Bitcore?
Bitcore is completely unrelated to Bitcoin Core. Questions about bitcore are off topic for this thread.

GarySeven

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:52:35 AM
Merited by theymos_away (1)

I downloaded the BTC blockchain and created a couple of wallets with the new version on a USB hard drive. I ran a few mined coins through the wallets and into CoinBase with no problems.

The trouble began when I inadvertently unplugged the hard drive. This is my second day attempting to recover the blockchain. Actually the first attempt resulted in a disk error and scan which was pretty fast but now it seems that I'm having to download the whole blockchain again which of course takes a day or so.

I'm hoping that my wallets are still intact after recovery. I have two workers pointed at those wallets so I am curious to see if the coins mined during the down time will be there.

I also wonder what happens if I ever shut down the node on purpose. I am assuming the wallets will be there but will I have to download the whole damn chain when I restart Core?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 02:52:38 AM

I downloaded the BTC blockchain and created a couple of wallets with the new version on a USB hard drive.
I would recommend against using USB drives for the blockchain. You are more likely to run into database corruption errors and accidentally corrupt the database by prematurely unplugging the drive (as you have done).

I'm hoping that my wallets are still intact after recovery.
If you are able to start Bitcoin Core with those wallets, then the wallets should be fine. Of course, you should double check that the private keys are correct by signing and verifying a few messages with your addresses.

I have two workers pointed at those wallets so I am curious to see if the coins mined during the down time will be there.
A wallet does not need to be online in order to receive Bitcoin.

I also wonder what happens if I ever shut down the node on purpose. I am assuming the wallets will be there but will I have to download the whole damn chain when I restart Core?
Bitcoin Core requires downloading and verifying the blockchain to work. The blockchain can be pruned, in which case blocks are discarded after they have been verified and area few hundred blocks deep into the blockchain. If you do not have a copy of the blockchain, it will need to be redownloaded.

GarySeven

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:59:27 AM

Am I reading this right... 0.17.0 has just been released?

http://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.17.0
achow101
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 01:10:44 AM

Am I reading this right... 0.17.0 has just been released?

http://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.17.0
It has been tagged and will be released in the next few days. The releases occur a few days after the tag is made so that the deterministic builds are done.

Masterkai

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:51:22 PM

What about Bitcoin having like 11 forks?
BitCryptex

Activity: 392
Merit: 374

Polish translation service http://bit.ly/2K7snsh

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 06:58:12 PM

What about Bitcoin having like 11 forks?

Developers of every single fork will have to take care of that issue on their own. Litecoin, which is a fork of Bitcoin, has already got its client patched. I wouldn't expect any reaction from the developers of, for example, Bitcoin Diamond, Emerald and any other Bitcoin clone which nobody uses.

@achow101 Do you happen to know why the minimum transaction fee is going to be lowered in the 0.18 release and not in the 0.17 one?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 12:42:47 AM

@achow101 Do you happen to know why the minimum transaction fee is going to be lowered in the 0.18 release and not in the 0.17 one?
The PR for that change was too close to the 0.17 branch off date and it did not have sufficient review to be merged.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:27:46 PM

Bitcoin Core 0.17.0 has been released

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: